(1) Entire system will be Cloud-based.
(2) ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), and CRM (Customer Relationship Management), if included, are SaaS. Expected modules are: manufacturing, logistics, finance and procurement.
(3) EDI is SaaS (Software-as-a-Service).
(4) EDI and ERP interface is “seamless”.
(5) Trading Partner interface can be Cloud-based, using an ECCP (Electronic Commerce Communications Provider). Adding trading partners should be done “underprogram control”.
(6) For “Legacy” Trading Partners, there must be a VAN (Value Added Network) interface. The current externally configured VAN structure (big solutions, long contracts) is better implemented as a Web Services API (Application Programming Interface). In other words, no FAX's to VANs to establish relationships.Last modified on Monday, 06 August 2012